In 1980 Tom Jancar and his partner Richard Kuhlenschmidt opened an art gallery in the basement of the historic Los Altos apartment building on Wilshire Blvd. This gallery would come to be recognized as one of the seminal institutions in the development of Los Angeles art culture. During the period of their partnership, Jancar / Kuhlenschmidt Gallery exhibited the work of artists including Richard Prince, Louise Lawler, David Askevold, Christopher Williams, William Leavitt and David Amico among others.
Inaugurated in October 2006, the Jancar Gallery opened on the top floor of a 1929 art deco building on Wilshire Blvd. in Los Angeles and was located there until the late summer of 2008, at which time it relocated to Chinatown in Los Angeles. The gallery is currently moving to a new location in Los Angeles.
Jancar Gallery does not accept unsolicited submissions.